I love living in Texas, but hate the fact that I am allergic to about every tree and grass here. It also probably doesn't help that I live with a dog that I adore, but have to pet with my feet. I've been doing pretty well with alternative methods of treating allergies. I absolutely love this little local place downtown called The Herb Bar. All natural products for just about anything. I love my Deep Health, Allertonic, Cedar Serum, and ear candles. Couldn't live without them!
But......Texas allergies can still kick my butt. No matter how well I eat, the vitamins I take, and allergy care I am committed to (including air duct cleaning, wood floors, carpet cleaning for the carpet that is left, hypoallergenic dog shampoo and detergent, air purifiers, and on and on).
So, what happens when Mom gets sick? As Price puts it "I am the duck tape that holds us all together". I will take this as a compliment, as I do run a pretty tight ship around here. Someone has to, right? I try not to let the OCD part of my personality come out too much though. I might load the dishwasher a certain way, but if I can get my kids to do it for me, should I really be too picky? I've also realized that it is ok to let my husband go to the grocery store. He might not get the brands I get, or compare prices, but he is trying (and he absolutely HATES the grocery store). I've realized that it is ok if the kitchen isn't clean, because Price gets me tissue when I need it, and Jax fluffs my pillows. The mail and paperwork might pile up, but homework and chores get done. It's about the little things, right? Not everything has to be accomplished every day, especially when it is important that I take time to rest and get better. After all, I can't let the duct tape wear out.
Diaries are good.
5 months ago



No comments:
Post a Comment